Some of the usual responsibilities and requirements of a Marketing Research Analyst
- Manage market research projects in partnership with third-party research vendors
- Mine company databases, external data resources and industry analyst’s research to locate relevant information, studies, etc.
- Maintain and develop relationships. Develops and/or communicates strategy to implement the objectives of the organization and guide others in linking their activities to quantitative research and supporting data.
- Develops analytical solutions to company’s business problems
- Understand and access information from leading industry research and/or data providers (e.g. Forrester, DMA, Hoover, etc.) to help company answer competitive questions, marketplace trends, develop effective client presentation and lead generation activities and more.
- Track and analyze the competitive marketplace
- Analyze the effectiveness of corporate marketing and sales campaigns including direct mail, email, telemarketing, events, and other marketing activities.
- Prepare specific analytic deliverables, including reports, graphs, presentations, etc.
- Serve as an advocate for and resident expert on marketing analytics and research through deep knowledge of all our data and relevant research resources.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- 5+ years’ experience in database marketing analysis including analytics, direct marketing test design, response analysis, ROI analysis, segmentation analysis, customer profiling, etc, preferably with a marketing service provider.
- Experience in quantitative market research, including use of online surveying and analytical tools. Familiarity with market research activities, including questionnaire development, statistical methods, etc.
- Experience in qualitative market research, such as focus groups.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to translate data into information, then into business recommendations.
- Creative thinking, exceptional analytical skills coupled with solid business acumen
- Solution seeking – Interested in “figuring out” solutions to problems or methodology for improved client deliverables.
- Self-motivated and self-directed, though able to work effectively as a team member.
- Responsive, enthusiastic, team-oriented personal style for effectiveness with internal customer and colleagues
- Strong expertise in computer software, including Microsoft Office products, SPSS (or similar analytics program), and others.
To find the best Research Analyst Jobs, click here.